- Regard or treat (a subject or problem) in mathematical terms: Keynes resisted attempts to be overprecise and mathematize his insightsMore example sentences
- Science works by drastically oversimplifying the world, cutting out everything that cannot be mathematized.
- This notion can be mathematized and tested against nature's data.
- One view sought the origin of the crisis in the abstract and unrealistic demeanour of the rapidly evolving, mathematised neoclassical theory that was incapable of answering important economic policy questions.
- More example sentences
- This presaged the mathematisation of nature of Renaissance humanists, engineers and magicians.
- In the same book, he gives further historical details on mechanization and mathematization of musical composition.
- Newton's approach was entirely reasonable given his aim: His mathematization of light and color could best take flight from a few particular effects.
More definitions of mathematizeDefinition of mathematize in:
- The US English dictionary