Definition of mathematize in English:
Regard or treat (a subject or problem) in mathematical terms: Keynes resisted attempts to be overprecise and mathematize his insights
More example sentences
- Science works by drastically oversimplifying the world, cutting out everything that cannot be mathematized.
- This notion can be mathematized and tested against nature's data.
- One view sought the origin of the crisis in the abstract and unrealistic demeanour of the rapidly evolving, mathematised neoclassical theory that was incapable of answering important economic policy questions.
- Example sentences
- This presaged the mathematisation of nature of Renaissance humanists, engineers and magicians.
- In the same book, he gives further historical details on mechanization and mathematization of musical composition.
- Newton's approach was entirely reasonable given his aim: His mathematization of light and color could best take flight from a few particular effects.
Definition of mathematize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan