noun• informal , • dated
- A handsome actor admired for his good looks.More example sentences
- Instead of fans going after the matinee idol, the actor himself went around to meet a lucky few.
- He was more a matinee idol rather than an actor, and I have to admit his persona outstripped anyone on the screen in his day with the exception of Marlon Brando.
- With sculpted features and a mop of dark hair, he became the star of his generation and something of a matinee idol.
More definitions of matinee idolDefinition of matinee idol in:
- The US English dictionary