adjective, noun, & verb
Variant spelling of matt.
Words that rhyme with matteat, bat, brat, cat, chat, cravat, drat, expat, fat, flat, frat, gat, gnat, hat, hereat, high-hat, howzat, lat, mat, matt, Montserrat, Nat, outsat, pat, pit-a-pat, plait, plat, prat, Rabat, rat, rat-tat, Sadat, sat, scat, Sebat, shabbat, shat, skat, slat, spat, splat, sprat, stat, Surat, tat, that, thereat, tit-for-tat, vat, whereat
An impure product of the smelting of sulphide ores, especially those of copper or nickel.
- Botswana exports are dominated by diamonds, copper/nickel matte, beef and animal products; also exported are textiles and soda ash.
- It is thought that further mineral wealth awaits discovery; other exports are copper-nickel matte and beef.
- This will be designed to separate the matte / slag product transferred from the furnace.
A mask used to obscure part of an image in a film and allow another image to be substituted, combining the two.
- Virtually inventing methods of composite mattes in film made the invisible man truly come alive and real.
- There were a lot, and I mean a lot of space scenes where you could actually see the mattes around the ships, sun and earth.
- Because of limited special effects technology at that time, you can easily tell that these are two mattes put together (with outlines around the ship showing like a beacon in the night).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan