- 1Coarse material woven from natural fibres, used for mats: rush mattingMore example sentences
- I will need some moisture mats - thick layers of hemp fibre matting which sit on top of the waste.
- In reality, rush matting was most frequently used on floors.
- For example, cocoa matting is probably the least expensive material you can buy to cover floors in today's world.
- 2The process of becoming matted.More example sentences
- Keep in mind that hair caught in a sudden rainstorm could also be in danger of serious matting if the strands are not immediately combed out.
- To avoid the clumping or matting of hair in long-haired cats, grooming with a brush or comb is recommended.
More definitions of mattingDefinition of matting in:
- The US English dictionary