- A quantity or thing which is to be maximized.More example sentences
- Locke's authority was Natural Law, or God's non-revealed truth, and his maximand was individual rights.
- At the other extreme, hardly any weight is given to maximizing well-being as it competes with priority, and the prioritarian doctrine is then barely distinguishable from the maximin principle with well-being as the maximand.
- There is some evidence that honey bees may not always maximize net gain but a different currency, net energetic efficiency, the maximand in model II.
More definitions of maximandDefinition of maximand in:
- The US English dictionary