- 1The wife of a mayor.More example sentences
- He duly turned up on the day with his mayoress wife, Sue, and joined in the fun.
- The mayor of Swindon arrived in his full mayoral regalia with his wife and mayoress, Pamela.
- Born in Braintree, he moved to Chelmsford in 1959, when he married his wife, and now mayoress, Pamela.
- 2A woman holding the office of mayor.More example sentences
- We intend to observe the traditions, customs and practices which are attached to the mayoral office and to do our best to meet the high standards established by previous mayors and mayoresses.
- She had been a deputy mayoress and a pillar of the community.
More definitions of mayoressDefinition of mayoress in:
- The US English dictionary