- (Among Jewish people) congratulations; good luck.More example sentences
- Though she'd been told otherwise, right to the last that woman thought a surprise rabbi would appear from the rafters to say mazel tov.
- I'm not sure the film is precisely a comedy - in fact, I'm pretty sure it's not - but all publicity is good publicity, so mazel tov to them!
- The couple is then pronounced man and wife, and the groom steps on a glass as everyone shouts mazel tov.
from modern Hebrew mazzāl ṭōḇ, literally 'good star'.
More definitions of mazel tovDefinition of mazel tov in:
- The US English dictionary