A ground-dwelling songbird of the American blackbird family, with a brown streaky back and yellow and black underparts.
- Genus Sturnella, family Icteridae: five species, in particular the eastern meadowlark (S. magna)
More example sentences
- The meadowlarks and magpies would gather right outside.
- Based on the song of a meadowlark he had heard in the Dakotas, McKay wrote Song Over the Great Plains to be another nature piece.
- Western meadowlark and mink prefer narrow grass buffers.
Definition of meadowlark in:
- The US English dictionary