A tall Eurasian plant of the rose family, with heads of creamy-white sweet-smelling flowers, growing typically in damp meadows.
- Filipendula ulmaria, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- Plants thriving on the meadows include oxeye daisy, yellow-rattle, meadowsweet, bird's-foot trefoil and common knapweed.
- Other locally common tannin-rich plants include blackberry, raspberry, rose, lady's mantle, agrimony, meadowsweet, and strawberry (all members of the rose family), geraniums, purple loosestrife, and sumacs.
- Honey was used to make a sweet alcoholic drink called mead, which was usually flavoured with some form of herb such as meadowsweet.
Definition of meadowsweet in:
- The US English dictionary