- The larva of the meal beetle, which is used as food for cage birds and other insectivorous animals.More example sentences
- They will readily accept human handouts of mealworms and bird grubs, often becoming so tame that they can be hand-fed.
- During early research, they used cadavers of Tenebrio molitor, commonly known as the yellow mealworm, and Galleria mellonella, or greater wax moth.
- In the past few years, litter beetles (especially the lesser mealworm [Alphitobius diaperinus]), have become the most serious pest affecting several types of poultry production systems.
More definitions of mealwormDefinition of mealworm in:
- The US English dictionary