- Afraid to speak frankly or straightforwardly: mealy-mouthed excusesMore example sentences
- Was this, as the Standard was to allege, merely mealy-mouthed hypocrisy, a strategy to protect their immediate interests while searching elsewhere for more legitimate supplies of cocoa?
- At the same time there is a reaction to the mealy-mouthed media laziness that culturally equates ‘urban’ and ‘black’.
- I'm sick of all the mealy-mouthed mutts who want something for nothing.
More definitions of mealy-mouthedDefinition of mealy-mouthed in:
- The US English dictionary