- The sea level halfway between the mean levels of high and low water.More example sentences
- With wind gusts of up to 90 miles per hour and water surges eight-and-one-half feet above mean sea level, New York's transportation infrastructure sputtered to a halt.
- Winds were reported of up to 150 mph and a storm surge of 12.4 feet was reported west of the town of Cameron, some 20 feet above mean sea level.
- At the time George Eliot was writing, the land was much lower: ‘well below mean sea level’ (as Mr Tatam points out).
More definitions of mean sea levelDefinition of mean sea level in:
- The US English dictionary