- 1 (also in the meanwhile) In the intervening period of time: meanwhile, I will give you a prescription for some pillsMore example sentences
- President Eisenhower was furious and the Soviets, meanwhile, threatened to intervene on behalf of Egypt.
- And in the meanwhile, they managed to reach the 2.6GHz frequency.
- But in the meanwhile, something new looms on our horizon.
- 1.1At the same time: steam for a further five minutes; meanwhile, make a white sauce
- 2On the other hand: he has said little, meanwhile, about how he plans to live his lifeMore example sentences
- Luke, meanwhile, was still safe in the preserve of private school, where he might be subject to the push and pull of peer pressure, but was better isolated from the starkness of the bankrupt city around us.
- Denton, meanwhile, suggests that it's wrong to judge the franchises on their (admittedly patchy) short-term results.
- Vega, meanwhile, sounds as menacing as before.