(as) mad as a meat axe Australian /NZ informal
- Crazy or eccentric: she was a hopeless teacher and mad as a meat axeMore example sentences
- He had of course, he said, been of the opinion that Whitmore was as mad as a meat-axe.
- He was "a weirdo. Ranging and raving around the place ... as mad as a meat axe".
- 'You can be as mad as a meat-axe,' said the psychiatrist, 'but if you can live independently then no one is going to take the slightest notice of you.'
- 1.1Extremely angry: I was as mad as a meat axe, and my anger boiled overMore example sentences
- If it were Bertha who were ill for the same reason, he would be mad as a meat-axe.
- Once again ice hockey had been portrayed as a game for goons and it made me as mad as a meat axe.
- Larry was as mad as a meat-axe and ordered that Hector accompanied him on a 'get even' mission.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: meat axe
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.