(as) mad as a meat axe Australian /NZ informal
- Crazy or eccentric: she was a hopeless teacher and mad as a meat axeMore example sentences
- I thought he was mad as a meat-axe, and he frightened the stuffing out of me sometimes, even when he laughed.
- Just as well that she would, in a court of law, appear as mad as a meat axe; her testimony was worthless.
- 'You can be as mad as a meat-axe,' said the psychiatrist, 'but if you can live independently then no one is going to take the slightest notice of you.'
- 1.1Extremely angry: I was as mad as a meat axe, and my anger boiled overMore example sentences
- Callum is going to be mad as a meat-ax.
- Was it too much to own my experience without her trumping them with stories from her past? I'm entitled to be as mad as a meat ax.
- Larry was as mad as a meat-axe and ordered that Hector accompanied him on a 'get even' mission.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.