Definition of mech in English:
- The mechs installed two new engines before the next flight, and, for safety reasons, we ordered the two removed engines not to be installed together on the same aircraft again.
- The mechs replaced both flight-control computers and both stab actuators, which we submitted for an engineering investigation.
- When we walked to the jet, the mechs had the starboard engine-bay door open and were replacing bleed-air ducts.
2The gear mechanism of a bicycle.
- The rear mech attaches onto the axle making for a super stiff and ‘out of the way’ setup with no hangers to snap off.
- It looked like he didn't properly fix the mech as on the final run it jammed and I couldn't pedal.
- The back wheel sounds like a baby's rattle and the mechs have been slowly rotting for a while now.
mid 20th century: abbreviation.
Definition of mech in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan