Definition of mechanical drawing in English:
1A scale drawing of a mechanical or architectural structure done with precision instruments.
- Later, Leonardo da Vinci, who left a legacy of scientific and medical illustrations and mechanical drawings, may have been the first artist-engineer.
- Educate yourself about construction if you're an architectural drafter, or manufacturing if you do mechanical drawings.
- Microsoft rolled out their Tilt Wheel Technology with a raft of press releases, mechanical drawings and other fluff.
1.1 [mass noun] The action or process of making mechanical drawings.
- We've been waiting three years for the department to sanction our application for an extension that would allow us to offer practical subjects like woodwork and mechanical drawing.
- Sandeep specialises in mechanical drawing and drafting.
- They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favourite school subject had been math, their least favourite, spelling.
Definition of mechanical drawing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.