Definition of mechanical drawing in English:
1A scale drawing of a mechanical or architectural structure done with precision instruments.
- Later, Leonardo da Vinci, who left a legacy of scientific and medical illustrations and mechanical drawings, may have been the first artist-engineer.
- Educate yourself about construction if you're an architectural drafter, or manufacturing if you do mechanical drawings.
- Microsoft rolled out their Tilt Wheel Technology with a raft of press releases, mechanical drawings and other fluff.
1.1 [mass noun] The action or process of making mechanical drawings.
- We've been waiting three years for the department to sanction our application for an extension that would allow us to offer practical subjects like woodwork and mechanical drawing.
- Sandeep specialises in mechanical drawing and drafting.
- They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favourite school subject had been math, their least favourite, spelling.
Definition of mechanical drawing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan