- The branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.More example sentences
- After a common first year there are three specialist routes: signal engineering, civil and track engineering and electrical and mechanical engineering.
- The result is a serious and growing shortage of skilled workers in key careers such as electronic design and mechanical engineering.
- Firstly, if you want to be involved in the design aspect of mechanical engineering then you should aim to study at a university for a degree.
- More example sentences
- He was also considered as a hydraulic and mechanical engineer.
- The site currently employs technical and mechanical engineers, chemical analysts, laboratory technicians and support staff.
- Project managers, civil engineers, quantity surveyors, mechanical engineers, railway engineers, electrical and electronic engineers and structural designers are all currently in demand.
More definitions of mechanical engineeringDefinition of mechanical engineering in:
- The US English dictionary