Definition of mechanistic in English:
Relating to theories which explain phenomena in purely physical or deterministic terms: a mechanistic interpretation of nature
More example sentences
- Human behavior is to be explained in terms of mechanistic causes, just as the behavior of all natural phenomena are to be explained.
- The true philosophy of Cudworth's intellectual system combines mechanistic atomism with Platonic metaphysics.
- Both sides assume an essentially deterministic, mechanistic view of nature.
- Example sentences
- So there's no evidence, mechanistically, on either side of the hypothesis.
- One of my objections to the hypothesis has been that it's hard to rationalize, mechanistically.
- This may be so even though they may differ mechanistically.
Definition of mechanistic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan