noun[treated as singular]
- Technology combining electronics and mechanical engineering.More example sentences
- Advances in electronics have brought big improvements to traditional ‘slushbox’ automatics, while the new science of mechatronics has allowed for the automation of manual gearboxes, pioneered by Ferrari.
- The making of a car involves mechanical, electrical, electronic and computer technologies, which is typical of mechatronics.
- Emerging areas include nanotechnology, mechatronics, biotechnology and molecular biology, agricultural engineering, food processing and food technology, telecom engineering and aerospace.
More definitions of mechatronicsDefinition of mechatronics in:
- The US English dictionary