- A person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between: the government appointed a mediator to assist in finding a resolution to the disputeMore example sentences
- Judges who leave the bench in any state can go into practice as private mediators or arbitrators.
- He'd used a mediator to negotiate over a period of several weeks to try and get better terms.
- If this is not successful, an independent mediator is chosen to negotiate a settlement.
- More example sentences
- In recent years a range of excellent mediatory and conciliatory services have been introduced in Scotland.
- For Albert it offered an opportunity to display his mediatory and diplomatic skills that would otherwise have remained untouched.
- She then turns to the operation of external patronage in local affairs, and then to its mediatory effect on the interests of all parties.