- A substance used for medical treatment.More example sentences
- Yet some rather toxic metals, albeit in insoluble form, have been used as medicaments: Bismuth, for example, as an antacid.
- For example, prescription costs may be high if different medicaments are needed for different body sites, and patients need to know that prepayment certificates can reduce the costs of prescriptions.
- They are often used either as adornment, or as an ingredient in potions, unguents or medicaments when crushed into powder.
late Middle English: via French from Latin medicamentum, from medicari (see medicate).
More definitions of medicamentDefinition of medicament in:
- The US English dictionary