- A yellow-flowered Eurasian and African plant of the pea family related to alfalfa, some kinds of which are grown for fodder or green manure.
More example sentences
- Genus Medicago, family Leguminosae
- Black medick is abundant on roadsides, dry grasslands and sand-dunes, though rare in the north-west.
- Legumes planted as cover crops include clovers, medics, peas, and beans.
late Middle English: from Latin medica, from Greek Mēdikē (poa) 'Median (grass)'.
More definitions of medickDefinition of medick in:
- The US English dictionary