1A seam bowler who bowls at a medium pace.
- He was bowling like an ordinary medium-pacer and the fielders were moving around listlessly.
- To differentiate between fast bowlers, medium-pacers and spinners would only further complicate the issue.
- Kepler has taken on board my style of bowling and has underlined my belief that I am a strike bowler and not a stock medium-pacer.
1.1A ball bowled at medium pace: young Swift stole the show with his medium-pacers
More example sentences
- Nevertheless, two of the top order succumbed to his medium-pacers.
- His medium-pacers have been increasingly used to good effect and his ten Championship wickets to date have come at 27.3 runs apiece which is a lower average than any of his colleagues.
- In fact, when he wasn't sending down his medium-pacers for Middlesex in the Eighties, Hughes was also attempting to carve out a sideline as a journalist.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: medium-pacer
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.