- another term for macrogamete.More example sentences
- Such a mutant megagamete could participate in fertilization with wild type pollens and sometimes set aberrant seeds with twin embryos.
- The formation of the female gamete (megagamete or egg cell) can be subdivided into two stages, megasporogenesis and megagametogenesis.
- During sexual megagametophytic development (with the embryo sac as the megagametophyte and the egg cell as megagamete), a sub-epidermal cell of the nucellus tissue differentiates into a megaspore-mother cell which undergoes meiosis I and II to form four megaspores.
More definitions of megagameteDefinition of megagamete in:
- The US English dictionary