noun (plural same)
- A unit of frequency equal to one million hertz.More example sentences
- The switching frequency of 1 megahertz makes it possible to select a small external component.
- The bandwidth of 100 megahertz was divided up into 256 closely adjacent carrier frequencies that do not interfere with one another.
- The speed of processors, usually known as clock speed, is measured in megahertz or these days in gigahertz (GHz).
More definitions of megahertzDefinition of megahertz in:
- The US English dictionary