- 1Relating to or denoting prehistoric monuments made of or containing megaliths: massive megalithic monumentsMore example sentences
- During the second excavation campaign, we excavated another megalithic monument in the Knocknarea Peninsula: a court tomb at Primrose Grange, some 2km southwest of Carrowmore.
- The truth of Stonehenge is that three different cultures contributed to this megalithic monument.
- The megalithic monuments of Malta have been known since the last century, and they used to be grouped with the other megalithic monuments of Europe, such as the passage graves of the Atlantic seaboard, or Stonehenge and Avebury in Britain.
- 1.1 (often Megalithic) Relating to or denoting prehistoric cultures characterized by the erection of megalithic monuments: the resident Megalithic peoplesMore example sentences
- Added to that the routes would destroy an area of natural beauty as well as pass through areas of historical and archaeological interest, particularly a concentration of Neolithic and Megalithic sites.
- The Giant's Grave, a Megalithic tomb which up until now has been almost impossible to find, will add to the tourist attractions of the Slieve Bloom.
- By late afternoon a short rest was taken on the site of a Megalithic burial ground, referred to by locals as The Giants Graveyard or The Graves.
More definitions of megalithicDefinition of megalithic in:
- The US English dictionary