A large funnel-shaped device for amplifying and directing the voice.
- They carried on a conversation without aid of telephones, megaphones or any other voice enhancing equipment - just calling out to each other.
- They caught Forte in the darkness with their search lights, and a booming voice through a megaphone said, ‘Halt.’
- Through megaphones, voices in broken English blared out at them, urging them to surrender and lay down their arms.
Utter through, or as if through, a megaphone: the director stood around megaphoning orders
More example sentences
- Eight years after his megabook, Hammer is still megaphoning the need for processes.
- It is for this string of real life problems that young people demanded unfettered media latitude to have their voice megaphoned far and wide on issues close to their chest.
- Example sentences
- You pointed that out to the chief Government whip who was calling out in a voice that could only be described as ‘megaphonic’, right across the House.
- Increased engine performance can be derived by arching the plate within the exhaust chamber to approximate a megaphonic area reduction within the exhaust chamber.
- After the chorus, the megaphonic vocals return.
Definition of megaphone in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.