Definition of megastar in English:
A very famous person in the world of entertainment or sport.
- All this, while turning stars into superstars and megastars, while making the good look great and the average look good, has also created a mass of sports fans craving for intimate details of sports stars/idols.
- The audience listened to what the superstar and the megastar had to say in rapt attention, though it was a much-seen ‘you scratch my back, I scratch yours’.
- We did not pick a megastar, a great sports figure or anyone with a lot of flash.
- Example sentences
- Since every viewer knows that 8 Mile is based on the life of the man who plays its hero, megastar rapper Eminem, we duly assume that Rabbit is also headed for megastardom.
- He was tipped for megastardom but, unlike his two legendary disciples, he all but disappeared, sidetracked by drink and drugs, botched love affairs and a lusty appetite for violence.
- Fortunately, Crowe's ascent to megastardom has brought at least one of these forgotten films out on DVD for us to enjoy belatedly.
Definition of megastar in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan