- 1 Chemistry A white crystalline compound made by heating cyanamide and used in making plastics.
More example sentences
- A heterocyclic amine; chemical formula: (CNH2)3N3
- The melamine / acrylic binder is also more brittle than other binder resins we have used.
- Sulphonated melamine formaldehyde condensate in the form of an aqueous solution was used.
- The direct pressure laminate is basically a one step process, whereby all the layers are fused directly to the core at the same time, and impregnated with melamine resins using heat and pressure.
- 2A plastic used chiefly for laminated coatings, made by copolymerizing melamine with formaldehyde: [as modifier]: a huge melamine coffee tableMore example sentences
- Available in various materials such as bone, melamine, glass and plastic, there is a dish for every utility of your kitchen and the dining hall.
- There are metal forks and spoons, melamine Chinese spoons and plastic chopsticks.
- I found out only recently that melamine should not go into the microwave.
mid 19th century: from German melam (an arbitrary formation), denoting an insoluble amorphous organic substance, + amine.
More definitions of melamineDefinition of melamine in:
- The US English dictionary