- A person suffering from melancholia or depression: Ovid’s portrayal of Sappho as a desolate melancholiacMore example sentences
- The city was inhabited by tall spare melancholiacsM/em> dressed in grey wool.
- Provided they see and think, even melancholiacs cannot fail to be uplifted by the document.
- He argues that the melancholiac's self-loathing disguises a hostility towards the lost, beloved object, indicating an underlying ambivalence towards it.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or suffering from melancholia or depression: another melancholiac drummer turned songwriterMore example sentences
- At first the patients are irritable; later, depression of the melancholiac type dominates the clinical picture.
- The planet Saturn is connected to the melancholiac personality.
- Did Mr. Follett strike you as a melancholiac type?
More definitions of melancholiacDefinition of melancholiac in:
- The US English dictionary