Definition of melanosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A condition of excessive production of melanin in the skin or other tissue.
- Erythema toxicum neonatorum, transient neonatal pustular melanosis, sucking blister, miliaria, and mongolian spots are among the many benign skin conditions that can occur in newborns.
- Various types of skin manifestations of arsenic toxicity were observed - from melanosis, keratosis, hyperkeratosis, dorsal keratosis, and nonpitting edema, to gangrene and cancer.
- A punch biopsy at the border of the lesion is necessary to rule out melanosis secondary to malignant melanoma that manifests as a generalized blue-gray skin discoloration.
- Example sentences
- Of the 9 metastatic melanomas, 5 were melanotic and 4 were amelanotic.
- Therefore, a final diagnosis of melanotic pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma was made.
- About 1% of all newborns have a congenital melanotic (black pigmented) nevus or birthmark.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan