- Yielding or producing honey.More example sentences
- Malaysia, with its abundant melliferous plants and indigenous honeybees has a promising future in this industry.
- The beekeepers became interested in enhancing their production through the cultivation of melliferous plants.
- If there are a lot of such days in the summertime bees collect a lot of melliferous dew.
mid 17th century: from Latin mellifer (from mel 'honey' + -fer 'bearing') + -ous.
More definitions of melliferousDefinition of melliferous in:
- The US English dictionary