Definition of mellifluent in English:
Another term for mellifluous.
- The variation in the music vividly brought out the union: for the ‘slokas’ that dealt with Parvathi, the music was mellifluent, and for those that described Siva, it was a bit rough with the beating of drums.
- The playback singer, K. S. Chitra, lends her mellifluent voice to these songs, which include solos, duets and chorus.
- As a result, a sense of mellifluent monotony is achieved and paired with an unmistakable improvisatory quality that characterizes most Greek folk music.
- Example sentences
- At the same time, the speaker talks with a rich mellifluence that is no doubt the after effect of the tonal richness and elegant detailing.
- To my ears the Barra pronunciation is much to be preferred, purely for its mellifluence.
- It is the added tonal dimension that occurs when two chords momentarily share properties, so that the transition has greater depth and mellifluence.
Words that rhyme with mellifluentaffluent • effluent
Definition of mellifluent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan