Definition of mellifluent in English:
Another term for mellifluous.
- The variation in the music vividly brought out the union: for the ‘slokas’ that dealt with Parvathi, the music was mellifluent, and for those that described Siva, it was a bit rough with the beating of drums.
- The playback singer, K. S. Chitra, lends her mellifluent voice to these songs, which include solos, duets and chorus.
- As a result, a sense of mellifluent monotony is achieved and paired with an unmistakable improvisatory quality that characterizes most Greek folk music.
- Example sentences
- At the same time, the speaker talks with a rich mellifluence that is no doubt the after effect of the tonal richness and elegant detailing.
- To my ears the Barra pronunciation is much to be preferred, purely for its mellifluence.
- It is the added tonal dimension that occurs when two chords momentarily share properties, so that the transition has greater depth and mellifluence.
Words that rhyme with mellifluentaffluent • effluent
Definition of mellifluent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.