noun( • trademark in the US)
- An electronic keyboard instrument in which each key controls the playback of a single pre-recorded musical sound.More example sentences
- You have to follow where the innovations are coming from, delving into different sounds and instrumentation, working with electronic synthesizers and mellotrons, even banjos.
- Frith piles up layers of sharp, melodic guitars, woozy mellotrons or mournfully folky violins, with results that range from the infectiously melodic to the fearsomely dense.
- While acoustically based, he beefs things up with tons of keyboards and mellotrons, giving the songs a majestic feel despite their simplicity.
More definitions of mellotronDefinition of mellotron in:
- The US English dictionary