Definition of melodist in English:
1A composer of melodies.
- One of the great ‘instant composers,’ a melodist of the first rank, Gray, who died in 1955, was one of the most consistent musicians in jazz history.
- His distinction as a melodist and harmonist I don't doubt.
- Actually, I consider Bomtempo an exceptional melodist, likely his most attractive compositional trait.
1.1 archaic A singer.
- As a verbal melodist, especially a melodist of sweetness and of stately grace, and as a harmonist of prolonged and complex cadences, he is unsurpassable.
- Within his hymns, Romanos the Melodist gives voice to a wide range of biblical characters.
Definition of melodist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.