- 1A composer of melodies.More example sentences
- One of the great ‘instant composers,’ a melodist of the first rank, Gray, who died in 1955, was one of the most consistent musicians in jazz history.
- His distinction as a melodist and harmonist I don't doubt.
- Actually, I consider Bomtempo an exceptional melodist, likely his most attractive compositional trait.
- 1.1 • archaic A singer.More example sentences
- As a verbal melodist, especially a melodist of sweetness and of stately grace, and as a harmonist of prolonged and complex cadences, he is unsurpassable.
- Within his hymns, Romanos the Melodist gives voice to a wide range of biblical characters.
More definitions of melodistDefinition of melodist in:
- The US English dictionary