1Relating to melodrama: a melodramatic comedy about Slavic miners
More example sentences
- Most of you must know that Udayakumar, a contemporary of Rajkumar, was famous for his highly melodramatic performances.
- But somehow the melodramatic elements are transcended, and the movie moves you, as movies always should.
- Folks, give a break to your sob serials and melodramatic movies this Sunday and stay hooked to Discovery as an extinct tiger comes to life.
1.1Characteristic of melodrama, especially in being exaggerated or overemotional: he flung the door open with a melodramatic flourish
More example sentences
- He returned to characters who offered identification even though it was mostly via melodramatic exaggeration.
- It would be a melodramatic exaggeration for me to say that I fight this battle within myself every day.
- Incidentally, the above use of ‘martyr’ was no exaggeration or melodramatic affectation.
- Example sentences
- ‘It's all in the mood,’ argues Greenhorn, adding melodramatically, ‘like a dark cloud of uncertainty above everything.’
- The former candidate to be chief prosecutor melodramatically explained how in 1996-1997 the banking system collapsed, and he had searched for a safe place for his money.
- ‘Oh dear; look what you've done; you've broken it,’ exclaimed Nick melodramatically, fetching it back.
Words that rhyme with melodramaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: melo|dra¦mat¦ic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.