- The temperature at which a given solid will melt.More example sentences
- The refractory metals are conveniently described as those which, first of all, melt at temperatures well above the melting points of the common alloying bases, iron, cobalt, and nickel.
- Saturated fatty acids have higher melting points than unsaturated materials and are typically solid at room temperature.
- Bronze is easier to cast than copper because it has a lower melting point and is more liquid than copper at a given temperature.
More definitions of melting pointDefinition of melting point in:
- The US English dictionary