- A hypothetical permanent change in the nervous system brought about by memorizing something; an engram.More example sentences
- Under some conditions, there is no evidence of an impaired memory trace, just as McCloskey found; under other conditions, there is some evidence of trace impairment or at least alteration of the memory trace.
- This additional viewing of the target locations was included to facilitate participants' visual memory of the target location, as there was a reason to believe that the visual memory trace may degrade with time.
- Apparently, the activation occurring with this positive information was not sufficient to leave a memory trace for these adjectives.
More definitions of memory traceDefinition of memory trace in:
- The US English dictionary