Definition of menacing in English:
Suggesting the presence of danger; threatening: our officers encountered menacing looks from teenagers
More example sentences
- The sky has lightened and the snow has stopped, but a menacing wall of clouds is heading our way fast.
- The picture is grainy but that actually enhances the slightly menacing atmosphere.
- He aimed his menacing, brooding dark brown eyes directly into her own scared blue ones.
- Example sentences
- Soon, three men who emerged from a nearby liquor shop moved menacingly towards him, apparently to rob him.
- Today the city is illuminated softly from behind grey clouds wafted inland from the Irish Sea and massing menacingly to the north.
- I would like to appeal to the public today to think if they can help the police catch the criminals who treated my family so menacingly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.