- The first occurrence of menstruation: age at menarche varies considerably between populationsMore example sentences
- But the delayed menarche and the delayed puberty may have an effect on their growth and height.
- Early menarche and late menopause may also increase the risk of breast cancer by affecting lifetime exposure to hormones.
- The longer a woman's fertile life (the interval between the menarche and the menopause), the more likely she will develop Parkinson's disease.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek mēn 'month' + arkhē 'beginning'.
More definitions of menarcheDefinition of menarche in:
- The US English dictionary