- The condition or activities of a beggar.More example sentences
- Both colonial and republican administrators believed that the Poor House could serve to eradicate mendicity.
- Their goals, Arrom argues, exemplified the Bourbon modernizing project in their optimism that mendicity could be eradicated, and in their utilitarian, disciplinary, and civilizing intent.
- The Constituent Assembly set up a committee on mendicity which collected impressive information on the scale of the problem.
late Middle English: from Old French mendicite, from Latin mendicitas, from mendicus 'beggar'.
More definitions of mendicityDefinition of mendicity in:
- The US English dictionary