- Things to be repaired by sewing or darning: a muddle of books and mendingMore example sentences
- She glared at Glint, who was crossing the deck with an armload of mending, causing the semi-innocent lass to hurry off guiltily.
- She was torn between seeing what Scott was up to and getting caught up on her mending, which had piled up during the frenzied preparations for the fair.
- ‘Once a week they had Troops Day when they could bring their mending,’ she says.
More definitions of mendingDefinition of mending in:
- The US English dictionary