noun (plural menologia)
- A calendar of the Greek Orthodox Church containing biographies of the saints.More example sentences
- Some of these menologia have double inscriptions, both Greek and Iberian, which disclose a close relation between the Monastery of St. Catherine and the Church of Georgia.
- But even this icon differs fundamentally from ours because it typifies the tradition of frontally standing saints followed in menologia.
- Text manuals are the result of compilation from many different sources: menologia, synaxaria, hagiographic literature, liturgical books and descriptions of actual paintings.
early 18th century: from ecclesiastical Greek mēnologion, from Greek mēn 'month' + logos 'account'.
More definitions of menologionDefinition of menologion in:
- The US English dictionary