nounNorth American • informal
- A person of integrity and honour.More example sentences
- If nothing else, I want to go out, I want to die like a man, like a mensch, like a good person.
- Schultze also asks a provocative question, ‘Why do we talk about Internet geeks, hackers, and spammers but never about Internet mensches or saints?’
- Julie, you were a true mensch, the living proof of how one life touches another and another and another until, to paraphrase the Talmud, you have touched the world.
1930s: Yiddish mensh, from German Mensch, literally 'person'.
More definitions of menschDefinition of mensch in:
- The US English dictionary