noun[mass noun] Philosophy
- The theory that physical and psychological phenomena are ultimately explicable only in terms of a creative and interpretative mind.More example sentences
- She was beginning to get a headache and figured it would probably be easiest to rely on her physical ability than her recently-discovered mentalism.
- ‘I'm interested in magic, sleight of hand and mentalism, which is like a mind reading thing,’ explains Warren.
- Magic in Theory would have benefited from further discussion of mentalism and psychic entertainment.
More definitions of mentalismDefinition of mentalism in:
- The US English dictionary