noun[mass noun] • technical
- Mental activity: the highest levels of human mentationMore example sentences
- So, the REM mentation of infants, which we are arguing constitutes a type of dreaming, probably consists of recreations with important sensory information that is taken in while awake.
- In fact, the presence of slow eye movements is considered to be an extremely accurate indicator of hypnagogic mentation.
- Because psychopathology and diminished mentation can influence food intake, both mental status and cognitive ability should be assessed, particularly in older adult patients.
mid 19th century: from Latin mens, ment- 'mind' + -ation.
More definitions of mentationDefinition of mentation in:
- The US English dictionary