- 1A list of dishes available in a restaurant: the waiter handed her a menu • figurative politics and sport are on the menu tonightMore example sentences
- The site also features a meal planner, which allows consumers to print not only recipes, but also menus and shopping lists.
- It says restaurant menus increasingly list details of food producers and suppliers.
- After being shown to our table we were handed the wine list and menus.
- 1.1The food available or to be served in a restaurant or at a meal: a no-fuss dinner-party menuMore example sentences
- There is a good restaurant at the South Sea Hotel serving a mixed menu including sea food.
- Homely restaurants serve inexpensive fixed menus known as comida corrida.
- Let's see more baked potatoes and lentil soup on school menus, fruit juices being promoted instead of branded fizzy drinks.
- 1.2 Computing A list of commands or facilities displayed on screen.More example sentences
- The screen also provides ample room to see the menu commands, making the camera functions easy to navigate.
- A number of menus are available when you are inside the administrative interface, and some of these menus have submenus as well.
- Important operations are hidden in right-mouse-click pop-up menus and do not also appear on the main menus or toolbars.
mid 19th century: from French, 'detailed list' (noun use of menu 'small, detailed'), from Latin minutus 'very small'.