- White, red, or yellow hardwood timber from Malaysia or Indonesia.
More example sentences
- This timber is obtained from trees of the genus Shorea, family Dipterocarpaceae
- Some 874 cubic meters of the confiscated logs were meranti, a mahogany-like wood usually used for plywood and veneer.
- Standard species are Douglas fir, pine, and meranti, but other species are available for an up-charge.
- Among the timber on sale, one is likely to find meranti Jambi and tembesu, two species found only in Bukit Duabelas and Kerinci Seblat forests in Jambi.
late 18th century: from Malay.