noun (plural mercados)
- (In Spanish-speaking countries) a market.More example sentences
- Most consumer goods are bought and sold in large, open periodic markets (mercados).
- Every morning I'd do my daily pull-ups on a pipe in the bathroom of my high-ceilinged pension, and then lace on my boots and run from the mercado, at 12,000 feet, up to the 14,000-foot rim of the Altiplano.
- From Nov.1 to Dec.25, the booklet offers l0-40% discounts on the wares of local merchants and mercados, and dangles such incentives as free gifts with purchase.
Spanish, from Latin mercatus 'market'.
More definitions of mercadoDefinition of mercado in:
- The US English dictionary