- An electric switch in which the circuit is made by mercury flowing into a gap when the device tilts.More example sentences
- They insisted that it was fitted outside the MP's flat in Westminster Gardens, but only exploded hours later because its detonation was controlled by a combination of a timer and a mercury tilt switch.
- Representative of the prior art are the mercury tilt switches disclosed in U.S. Patents.
- All that is required is a mercury tilt switch worn on a headband, which is attached to a quarter inch phone plug at the other end of a 5 or 6 foot wire.
More definitions of mercury tilt switchDefinition of mercury tilt switch in:
- The US English dictionary